Saturday, April 2, 2011

The "Board" Project...

I found 4 of these ammo crate lids at a new junk store that I found... stay tuned to see what they turn into.Well so far I have created 2 message board out of 2 of the lids.
 This is the first one.. First I sanded it down with my palm sander, did a little white wash. Then I nailed some old square nails at the top and kinda towards the bottom, wrapped some wire across, added some cafe curtain clips and on the back I added a long wire hanger.

The next one is kinda the same, I sanded it down, but I didn't white wash it and I used chicken wire and clothespins for the hangers. Also added a wire hanger on the back.


 2 more to go...

14 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you come up with these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I adore salvaged wood and doing something unique with it!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are neat! What great pieces! I am your newest follower. You can find me at www.redefiningc.blogspot.com if you'd like to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea! Love how you repurposed this!!
    New follower! Looking forward to seeing more!
    Trisha
    www.roundaboutshop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great! I love repurposed items!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks GREAT!!!!
    and I'll save you a square button :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cool. I have a party that goes from Tues afternoon - Thurs, I would love for you to share this.

    Cheers, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so great! Found you at Type A's link party. I am definitely going to have to make one of these. Now which one... hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I'm trying to decide which one I like better.....ummm, it's too close to call! They are both pretty cool!
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for sharing this at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cool! Love the chicken wire one...such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and kind words.. hope you have a blessed day, Teresa